Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Having to Stop Byetta

Over the past couple of days, I've experienced misery to the point that it has become necessary for me to stop taking Byetta...starting today! The reasons for this are mainly from side effects that I have been experiencing, in which I simply cannot perform my daily functions anymore.

The nausea, fatigue, headaches, and aching in my back have taken its toll, and I'm crying, "UNCLE!" I'm not the type of person to give up, but when I'm feeling so sick that I cannot work, take care of my family, get out of bed or do or go anywhere...I know that's when I need to throw in the towel. I was really curious about this stuff and was hoping for great results, but I'm not going to sacrifice my total quality of life over it. The past couple of days have been shot, as I took the morning doses (could not take the evening doses, as I still felt terrible later in the day) and subsequently ended up bed-ridden from all the terrible sick symptoms. Ugh!

What's strange is that these symptoms primarily only started a couple of days ago. Variations in the timing of eating after the shot (say, five minutes vs. waiting closer to an hour) wasn't doing me much good, and the nausea was overwhelming. Most of the time during these past two days, I truly thought I was going to have to crawl to the toilet in misery and puke my guts out.

The back aching started a couple of days ago, as well. Despite drinking lots of water, my urine was getting to be a darker yellow, which was really concerning. I started feeling so tired and achy that I literally could sleep all day, and still feel like crap. The last time I gave myself the shot in the abdomen, it hurt REALLY badly - like a terrible burning sensation.

Overall, I am thankful for the 6 lbs of weight loss in 12 days, but I think I'm done. Hopefully, I can keep my appetite down and resume exercising and eating healthy, and I will not suffer anymore side effects. So far, I feel 100000000% times better by simply stopping the dosage, so I feel pretty positive that I'll be back to my old self (hopefully still minus those 6 lbs!) in no time.

Much luck to everyone who is on Byetta, and may it work much better for you!

Comments are welcome and good luck!

1 comment:

  1. Fitness is a measure of a set of attributes that helps a person to carry out physical activities. It can be strength, flexibility, endurance, etc., that will be determined by a combination of regular activity and genetically inherited ability. Many think activities such as gym, swimming, sports and aerobics will make them fully fit. Though this notion holds sway, the effective way of gaining fitness is to do some activity that you really like and with all possibility stick to it.

    ReplyDelete